Post Four: Helpful Hints for the Harried
Ever felt your brain was on “overload”? Me, too. For fun my sister and I started a “helpful hints” list for these situations.
- You will never find your sunglasses on the table if they are on your head.
- And the related hint: Your glasses will not be in your glass case if you are still wearing them.
- The water boils much faster if you have turned on the burner.
- And the related hint: The casserole cooks much quicker when you’ve turned on the oven.
- And then there was last night: The pizza will cook more quickly when you remember to actually put it in the oven.
- You won’t be able to find your butter on the counter if you haven’t taken it out of the refrigerator yet.
- Speaking of food: Cartons of opened milk should be returned to the refrigerator, not placed in the kitchen cupboard.
- You can’t find your keys on the counter if you are holding them in your hand.
- An expansion of the “keys” issue in a quick tale of woe: Because I’m a teacher and have building keys, I am hyper-conscious of keeping track of my key ring. I was driving down the road one day, and had an instant of panic, because I could not remember where I’d last put my keys! Happily, a couple of seconds later, my brain kicked in. “Driving down the road….Keys in the ignition!!”