There was a glitch with my hosting service, and my website disappeared for a while. It’s back, but still having issues. Bit of a stress. Can anyone relate to computer-caused stress?
Then, as I was looking through old emails, I came across an old posting on having fun with the stress in your life. Now That’s timely. I am sure I’m not the only one who is a bit stressed, so I share this for your enjoyment:
- You won’t find your keys on the table if you are holding them in your hand. Corollary 1: Your keys won’t be in your pocket or your purse either. Corollary 2: (For non-keyless ignitions) Your keys are not in your pocket if you are in the process of driving down the road. They are in the ignition! (Perhaps this is why I now own a car with Keyless Ignition? So the keys stay in my pocket?)
- Your cell phone won’t ring if you have forgotten to take it back off mute.
- You won’t be able to find your cell phone in your purse or on the counter if you are actually talking on it while you look.
- Put the orange juice/milk in the refrigerator, not the cupboard. Works out so much better the next time you need it.
- Put the veggies in the microwave to cook, not the refrigerator. (That was quite a story.)
- You can’t find your glasses in your purse or in the case if they are on your head. Corollary: You won’t find your glasses in the case if you are actually wearing them on your face right that minute. (This is a sign we need to turn off the computer and go to bed.)
- Things cook much more quickly if you turn on the oven/burner.
- Your house will be much cooler in the summer if you turn off the oven after you take out the casserole.
- If, when you have finished a conversation, you set the phone down on your closet shelf, you will not find it on the phone base, no matter how hard you look. (Thank goodness for that “locator” buzzer, and that “Tile” for my cell phone!)
- If you have taken the hair clips out of your hair already, no matter how diligently you search for them in your hairdo, you will not find them in your hair. And that’s pretty much how it’s going here. Take care and enjoy your own “fun” with stress!